Pages

Saturday 1 December 2012

#ShareAdvent - Day 1

 
The first task on #ShareAdvent is to make or buy a wreath. I'd love to make one, I truly would, but currently the entire flat (it's very small) has been taken over by all the Christmas presents I'm making.

I actually bought my "wreath" before I'd heard of #ShareAdvent. I'm putting quotation marks around wreath because, well, it's not really a proper style wreath. It's quite small, and far more gold than I'd usually have. I bought it for two reasons:

a) It was cheap. I plan on making a wreath to keep in the future, so I didn't really want to spend a lot of money on something I don't plan on using forever. I'll probably use it for something else in the future (or take it apart and use bits of it), but it's not a "forever" wreath. I also don't want something really nice outside my front door. I don't trust one set of neighbours and am half convinced one day they'll decide on retribution for us calling the police on them...several times. I'd rather they trash something that cost me less than £2!

b) The bells. The bells seduced me! I love bells at Christmas. I love bells at any time of the year, but, for some reason, especially Christmas. I did realise yesterday that this means the wreath will have to be taken down at night when Corey has to leave the house at 5 am the next day, but it's worth it for the cheerful ringing I get every time I open the door!

The bells! The bells!
One day I'll have a lovely home made wreath to great me outside my front door. But for now, I'm pretty happy with the little wreath I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!