Pages

Wednesday 3 October 2012

In need of a 4 leaf clover


I come home from work last week Thursday and start preparing dinner. Our phone rings. It's Corey. His bicycle has been stolen and so he's going to be an hour late as he has to walk home.

He's applied for work, and not gotten a single interview, he's applied for more volunteering in the hopes that'll increase his experience, only to be told there are no more spaces for him, and now his bike has been stolen. So I ran down to the shop to try and pick up some stuff to make dinner a little more special to try and cheer him up. I may have gone a little overboard, however...

I bought bread rolls for our main course. I proceeded to cut my finger while cutting the rolls, so Corey had to finish dinner off. I also bought dessert...

After dinner, I put the chocolaty dessert in the oven. Corey comes in

"Do we have custard with that?" he asks as he opens the cupboard.

"Um...no..."

"We have angel cake to go with it...?"

"Umm...yes...and..."

"...ice cream? Why did you buy so much?

"Because your bike was stolen, and chocolate makes people happy, and I bought the other stuff so that you could chose what you wanted...."

"...I want it all..."

"I thought you might"

He then proceeded to give me a hug and a kiss.

"You're insane, do you know that? But I do love you"

I guess the dessert worked, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!