Pages

Wednesday 6 July 2011

The blog has changed!

The reason why I haven't blogged since March is because I haven't sewed since March! I find I have no time, and when I have the time, my dining room is dirty. And then, after all that, I am now broke. There is little point in continuing a project I won't be able to finish for a long time. So I decided I would change the blog...

I have been told time and time again I should start a blog. Thus I started the sewing blog (now extinct, though I shall still blog about my sewing on here). But people kept telling me to start a general blog. I've been refusing, because who would honestly want to read about my day to day existence? I also am a firm believer that I talk far too much, and that no one is interested in my verbal speech, so why would anyone want to listen to my online talk? Yes, I do have self esteem issues. My father put it very clearly a couple of weeks ago when he told me I could do anything I want to do, the problem is that I don't believe in myself nearly enough. This was during a conversation where he told me his friend (one of the people pushing me to blog, on his site, which I will do, just probably a different blog to this one) wants me to send in some "original content". He also told me that the photo descriptions I put on my facebook albums are often very good. My father never gives praise out lightly. Needless to say, it's his comments that have made me decide to change this blog into something else. My father, as you may or may not come to discover, is the driving force that made me who I am.

So, here we go. I'll give a more introductory post in a few days time about "what's my name and where do I come from" (Oh Cilla Black...your voice remains in my head long after your show stopped running). I'm in the middle of a 15,000 word dissertation, and have read a chapter in a book, then taken a break. Once again, said break went from checking emails, to bbcnews.co.uk, to cricinfo.com. From there it degenerated into me looking at my favourite wedding blog (no, I'm not engaged, though I hope I've found the man I will, one day, be engaged to.) and then lead to the inevitable distraction of youtube videos. Oh, internet, you wonderful tool of procrastination!

Right, ok, on that note, I should go and dissertate before the boyfriend comes home from digging in the mud (he's an archaeologist. Somewhere in between Time Team old man jumper type and Harrison Ford type). He will judge me with his eyes if I am (once again) not working. And he will somehow know that I've been on the internet all day, even if I've hurriedly open up word, shut the internet window and open up a random textbook the second I hear him unlock the door . I think it has something to do with the guilty expression and butter wouldn't melt in my mouth smile I give him when he comes upstairs to say hello.

I also promise to do something better with this blog someday soon...But for now: Goodbye Not A Natural Seamstress. Hello The Life of a Stay In Bed Student!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!