Pages

Friday 10 May 2013

If I could go anywhere in the world right now...

...Where would it be?

This is a pretty difficult question right now. I love exploring new places. There are so many places I want to see. From India to China, Peru to Canada. I want to see it all. Wandering from place to place, market stall to market stall, seeing all the things I see on documentaries. 

Right now, though, right this minute, there are two places I want to be. And I've been to both of these places before. 

I want to go back to South Africa, and show Corey the place where I spent the first 9 years of my life. I want to go to Addo and ride an elephant on safari. Take some time to drive the garden route, sampling some of the wine from the vineyards along the way. I'd like to climb Table Mountain, go across to Robben Island and visit the World of Birds. Not forgetting Boulders and the penguins, or lunch at that sea food restaurant in Hermanus that I enjoyed so much last time I was there. There's so much I want to show him, so much I want to see myself. I want to feel the sun in my face, the wind in my hair, hear the multiple languages and teach Corey how to pronounce the place names. I'd follow the memories of my childhood as I guide him around the place, without a map, meandering through the streets.

Funnily enough, there's one place I want to go to more than that. I want to go back to Skye. We really didn't manage to see enough of it, and I want to go back to explore some more. Hopefully, when Corey's knee is sorted, we can go back there in the future and do a bit more climbing. I'd like to go back before the high season, when it feels like a slower, calmer pace of life. Maybe we'd see some otters, and go to some of the dark sky spots and just look at the stars. As soon as I hit the mountains of Scotland I feel myself unwinding. It was magical and I want to feel that way again.

Plus, I never got to take any pictures of the Fairy Glen...Not that I'm bitter or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!