Pages

Friday 5 October 2012

Tortilla pizza's

I bought some Warburtons tortilla wraps a few months ago, and at the back of the packet it had a recipe suggestion for tortilla pizza's. According to Joe this is something I'd made ages ago, but I'd forgotten all about that. Since Corey and I love our pizza's, but since I also want to eat better, this is the perfect way to have a treat without being too bad. It's also a nice and quick way to make home made pizza.

Here's how to make them yourself:

Ingredients
Tortilla wraps (they don't have to be square) 1 per person
Tomato puree
Cheddar cheese, grated
Mozzarella, chopped into smallish pieces (I go light mozzarella in an attempt to be healthy...)
Whatever topping you like. For ours we used chicken, peppers, mushroom, garlic and onions
Basil (I accidentally used parsley...explains why I didn't get a lovely basil taste)
Potatoes for chip making

The size of my kitchen

As you can tell from the above picture, I have a pretty tiny kitchen. So in order to do the pizzas, I usually chop everything up and put them into bowls.

More washing up, but easier to cook this way
I then preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade, and prepare the potatoes (after cleaning the chopping board and knife). I prefer chips with the skin on them, so I wash the potatoes, cut them into the size chips I want, place them in a large bowl, put some olive oil on them and sprinkle salt and pepper. Laying them flat on a baking tray, I put them in the oven for 20 minutes.

I then fry up the onions and garlic. The chicken is added, and cooked all the way through. Once that's done, the mushrooms and peppers are added.

I added a bit of balsamic vinegar to give it a bit of sweet and sour flavour

Once everything is cooked, the tomato puree is spread onto the tortilla bases. This is when I usually add some basil (or parsley this time). Half of the cheddar is put on the bases, and the fried up ingredients are then split between the two bases. Once that's done, I put the rest of the cheddar on and the mozzarella. Oh, and a bit more basil.

It may not be as pretty as Pizza Express, but it sure tastes good!

The pizza's are put in the oven for 10 minutes.

My kitchen makes everything look slightly yellow. Please excuse my inability to dish food up attractively!

Enjoy!

Times I burnt myself while cooking: 0
Times I cut myself while cooking: 0
Happy stomachs: 2



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!